First round we just installed some new headlights with our Elite HID System....this time he wanted even MORE lighting and some gnarly new tech inside of the cab.
First things first.....exterior lighting upgrade!
The owner had already replaced the lower fog lights with the Morimoto LED Pods....which are fine for most...but he wanted more, so we swapped those out for the Baja Designs Squadron Sport Wide Cornering pods with custom bezels to make them look OEM and fit the curvature of the truck's bumper.
Next, we shoe-horned in a 30" Baja Designs S8 Spot/Flood Combo bar and tied in the Parking Light Circuit to the S8's Amber Accent lights.
The Foglights are wired into the factory fog switch, so that operates normal.
The S8 bar is wired into a newly added 'Zombie Light' switch that takes the place of a dummy switch in the lower Left Hand side area near the factory light adjustments and other switches. The new switch is wired into the factory lighting circuit so you can find it at night to activate 'holy hell' lighting mode.
While I was messing around with the lights, I installed a Front Facing camera in the OEM Toyota logo.
Moving on to the interior, the old headunit had all the bells and whistles anyone might want.....but this replacement beats the crap out of it.........because....well, it's Tesla inspired!
Here we've got a 12.1" Tesla-ish screen that entirely replaces the existing headunit AND HVAC system.
Normally I'm not too into these units, because they use older Android software and don't integrate very well.
This one is a game changer.
It fully integrates and replaces every feature on the truck and adds a ton of new ones. As you can see with the pics I took, here are just SOME of the features:
- 12.1 inch vertical touch screen, Tesla style.
- Supports split screen display two functions at the same time.
- Supports full screen display of navigation map.
- Installation of Android apps in Play Store and from “Unknown sources”.
- GPS navigation with Android apps of your choice.
- WiFi Internet connection.
- Bluetooth music and hands-free calling.
- MirrorLink with smartphones.
- Touch control of auto A/C. Display car info like RPM, speed. Optional TV, DVD, DVR modules, etc.
- Retains factory backup cam, USB, steering wheel control, AUX input.
- Support most audio and video format.
- Support Picture in Picture (PIP) playback of movies.
- EQ balanced audio processing technology and 5.1 DSP Audio.
- Support RCA rearview camera and other RCA Video input.
I also added a qI wireless charging pad in his center console....he supplied the unit, which works just fine; but we offer a whole line of vehicle-specific units that fit flawlessly into your vehicle without knowing it wasn't stock/OEM.
This unit is something else.....I'll report back in a while on this post to see what the customer thinks after a few weeks of use......but this unit can be installed in multiple vehicles, different makes/models with more added all the time...so hit me up if this is something you'd like.